Monday, December 28, 2009

Herbed Monkey Bread


This is a Paula Deen recipe that my mother recently prepared.  Paula Deen is the queen of butter and in my opinion, there was a bit too much butter and I might not add the last 1/4 cup next time I make this.  I didn't own a Bundt pan before - but this recipe convinced me that I needed one.  I also plan to serve this with marinara sauce next time.


Herbed Monkey Bread


1 stick butter melted, plus 1/4 cup melted butter, plus more for pan
1 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for sprinkling
2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
2 packages biscuits (Grands Buttermilk Buiscuits work best!)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter a 12-cup Bundt pan; set aside.  In a small bowl, combine cheese and Italian seasoning.  Roll each individual biscuit into a ball. Dip each piece in the 1 stick of melted butter, then coat with the cheese mixture. Place dough into prepared pan; overlapping will occur. Bake bread, 30 to 35 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil during the last 10 minutes of baking to prevent excess browning, if needed.


Let cool in pan, 10 minutes; invert bread onto a serving plate. Drizzle remaining 1/4 cup melted butter on top and sprinkle with grated Parmesan.





No comments:

Post a Comment