Sunday, September 26, 2010

Scalloped Corn


This recipe is so simple, but amazingly delicious.  Every time I make this, everyone just raves about it.  It's so easy that you really can't pass up trying it - and I guarantee it will make an annual appearance at your Thanksgiving table!  I will tell you, my mother advises and I've experienced, how critical it is to use high-quality creamed corn and name brand Saltines.  Buy the regular kind, not the low sodium ones.  The difference it worth the extra dollar or two!


Scalloped Corn

2 cans cream style corn
2 eggs
6 tablespoons milk
24 Saltine crackers (crushed)
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Dash salt
2 pads butter





Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix ingredients together and top with pads of butter on top.



Bake for 1/2 hour. 


No comments:

Post a Comment