Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Grilled Garlic Chicken with Roasted Red Pepper Aioli Sauce


If you haven't been to Kalyn's Kitchen, an amazing blog, please visit it!  Her recipes are delicious, simple, and incredibly healthy.  I look forward to every recipe she posts and I really hope she's okay with me re-posting so many of her amazing recipes.  Please, visit her blog and follow her! 

 

Grilled Garlic Chicken with Roasted Red Pepper Aioli Sauce

Grilled Garlic Chicken
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 T fresh-squeezed lemon juice
1 T garlic puree (or minced fresh garlic)
1 tsp. dried poultry seasoning
4 T olive oil


Red Pepper Aioli Sauce
1 jar roasted red peppers (12 oz.) 
1 T garlic puree or minced garlic (or a little less if you're not that into garlic)
1/2 cup mayo (I used full-fat mayo because you're not eating huge amounts of this, but reduced-fat mayo would also work)
3 T extra-virgin olive oil
sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste


For the sauce, put peppers into a colander placed in the sink and let drain for a few minutes. Then use a double layer of paper towels to blot both sides of the peppers, drying them off as much as you can. Coarsely chop peppers.





 

Put chopped peppers and garlic into the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade and process about 20-30 seconds, until peppers and garlic are finely pureed. Add mayo and pulse about 8-10 times, or until mayo is well-mixed with the peppers. (You may need to scrape down the sides with a rubber scraper a few times.)






Leave the motor running and add the olive oil through the feed tube, 1 T at a time, blending for a few seconds after each tablespoon of oil. Season sauce to taste with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper.



I like this best when it's been chilled for an hour or two, which will slightly thicken the sauce.
For the chicken, trim all visible fat and tendons from chicken breasts, then cut small slits going down the length of each breast.

Whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, poultry seasoning, and olive oil. Put chicken in a Ziploc bag or plastic container with a tight lid that's big enough to hold chicken in a single layer. Put chicken into bag or container, pour in marinade, seal it, and turn over a few times so the marinade is coating all the chicken. Let chicken marinate in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours, or up to 24 hours if you need to start the marinating ahead.






 

When ready to cook, remove chicken from the fridge and let it come to room temperature. Oil the grill grates or grill pan with olive oil or non-stick spray. Preheat the gas or charcoal grill or stove-top grill pan to medium-high. (You can only hold your hand there for a few seconds at that heat.)




 

Cook chicken about 4-5 minutes on first side (you can rotate it halfway through if you want grill marks, but I didn't bother since I was serving the chicken with the sauce over it.) Turn chicken and cook 4-5 minutes more on the second side, or until chicken is firm and lightly browned. Serve hot, with Roasted Red Pepper Aioli Sauce.



3 comments:

  1. Everything looks delicious. I especially love the red pepper aioli sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura Lee,
    I am glad you're enjoying my recipes. I'd appreciate it if you would include a link to the recipe on my blog when you're using one of my recipes (that's requested in the copyright information on my blog.) Also, it's always best to re-write the recipe in your own words, since most people usually don't make a recipe exactly the same.
    Thanks,
    Kalyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kalyn,

    Thanks so much for your comment. I've always linked the recipes on my blog to you. All the links are up and appear to be working on my end. Please let me know if they are not working and I'll work on fixing it! I will also make sure to re-write them in my own words from now on! You are a true inspiration to me!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete